Friday, May 20, 2011

Gut Reaction

My insecurities cause the roller to research shit to death before making a decision, when I should go with my gut.  Another favorite went home on Idol.  Hopeful a day ago, depressed this morning.

My gut knows rock & blues.  And corporate America.  Marketing Hype.

I used to play Idol with a larger slice of the voting demographic, but unemployment has left me rusty on how the other half lives.  Not much water cooler talk for me these days.

All of the chat rooms had it wrong as of air time.   The decision supports the  same conspiracy theories I came up with when James lost: FOX=Republican=Nascar=Country Music=Older Rockers are apathetic non voters.

Same theories I used to my advantage in Season 1, now forgotten in my own hype.  Thinking ten years gone would age the viewing demographic.   Maybe slightly.  Zep & Priest and even Old MacDonald would never have gone this far before.

95 Million voters can't be wrong.  I'm not a sore loser, just old and out of touch. 
I'm sure I will enjoy James, Haley, and Casey's post Idol work more than Daughtry and Carrie's Underwear.

I'll stay tuned for more hype.  Heck, 3 Italian kids singing Sole Mio?   Awesome-How in the hell did I predict that?  I'll keep that crystal ball warm. 

See all ya Bible thumpers on the other side of the rapture for XF & AI Season 10!  Or at least the Rockers.....
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot! Make me laff & your rant will appear in a few days...or else!