Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rotten Gets It Wrong

To borrow a line from Simon, my Idol pick was sent home.  In my defense, Vegas bookmakers blew it too.  Usual conspiracy theories abound:
  • Older set does not vote
  • Older set does not like Metal
  • Older set does not like piercings
  • Older set does not Rock
  • Rockers do not vote (Guilty as charged)
  • Fox Republican'ts and NASCAR fans are into Cuntry music (no typo's-those are the jokes, kids)
  • Blogger was down for 2 days after the result, confirming Big Bro Goog's growing stranglehold on the entertainment industry, competitive intelligence, and my inability to fess up in a timely fashion.  (At least I could check out the new free feature flix on YouTube -keep repeating-Google is your friend.)
Considering the aforementioned realities, Haley (my next choice) probably won't make it either.

Looking on the bright side, neither will be forced into the year long Idol contract, and they have a few weeks head start before the tour to get a real deal of their own.  Strike while the iron is hot, and show us their real talent on some product, out in time for holiday gift giving.  Hopefully they will steer clear of the corporate machine, Kara DioLioGuaraDioNino's songwriting, and robotic vocal production.

Word to James & Haley, I'm willing to produce, write, play guitar & bass on the cheap, and promise not to exploit you kids any worse than Fox and Steve Tyler already have.  Hell, bring along that growling goof Casey, too.  Best Idol moment of the season was Haley's jazzzy duet with her platonic BFF (keep dreaming Casey.)  I smell a Grammy there.  Jimmy & Randy's noses look as big & brown as mine.  Set fire to some more equipment-always a show stopper.  heh heh heh - Fire's cool!

As I type this, Haley's homecoming down-wind at the local horse track is in full swing.  I can smell it from here.  50 degrees cold and cloudy.  Can't wait to see how much sunshine Idol producers magically add to the recap this WED.  FOX lingo for Wednesday.  Corporate research into viewer attention span has lead to the creation of their own vocabulary, reflecting the language of the texting generation, where all words will consist of 3 letters max: TOD, SAT, TON, RUN, ADD, HIV, SUX.

If you can guess from my gloom and doom, the season's pretty much over for me.  Not a big country fan.  Best wishes to Alfred E. Neuman & Lauren.  Either one of you, or both, will do a fine job with the National Anthem at the next Indy 500, Walmart or Costco grand opening gig.  And I'm already clearing my schedule to catch New Year's Rocking Eve, where Seacrust showcases the best of the worst Idol post finalists.

Ending on a brighter note-Looking forward to X F  (Fox lingo for X Factor).  Simon was missed, and with Paula they'll bring back the chemistry they made famous on AI.   Steve & JLo have their new books, videos and Hammerpants (all awful).  Randy has his Eye wear line, & is already auditioning for Metallica, but I heard that Hagar offered more $.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with your best shot! Make me laff & your rant will appear in a few days...or else!